17th November 2019
- Want to add a banner to the top of your site? No problem. Just go to Theme Options and click “Yes”. From there, you can customize the text of the banner as well as it’s background colour and text colour.
- Removed “echo” from get_theme_mod();
- Removed script.js file in home directory
- Enclosed get_the_date() in esc_html()
- Fixed bug where clock doesn’t display before the date in index.php
- Added translation in line 34 of header.php
- Resized screenshot to recommended 1200 x 900 pixels
- Removed add_editor_style() from header.php
- Properly enqueued font setting
- Updated licencing information for image in screenshot
- Added Font Awesome licence URL
- Modified empty ELSE statement
- Removed unwanted code in functions.php
- Changed way of inserting Google Fonts
- Removed css/all.css
- Increased line height to 1.3 to increase readability
- Removed global variable assignments in WooCommerce files.
- Changed size of screenshot.png to meet specifications
- Added footer copyright text
- Choose from over 30 fonts to make your website look however you want. You can do this by going to the Customizer > Theme Options. All the fonts available will look great with Ballyhoo.
- Styling added for bigger screens (wider than 2000px)
- Made Ballyhoo translation-friendly by wrapping all attributes and values with a function
Added a few improvements under-the-hood (flagged by our recent theme inspection):
- Removed wp_title(); tag in header.php and replaced it with add_theme_support(‘title-tag’); in functions.php
- Included icon files within the theme’s .zip file
- Changed the “suggested” theme header image, which is included in Ballyhoo’s .zip file
- Changed function names to make them unique
We also added a few other things:
- Added theme support for custom logo
- Added more styling for WooCommerce
Fixed some bugs. Updated readme.txt file to fit new specifications.